Sunday, December 10, 2017




For about 2 weeks I have been using the Razer Leviathan 5.1 Just so you know as an overall experience is great. It's a nice, good quality soundbar with a passive woofer with Analog, Optical, Bluetooth and NFC capable connections. I really like the concept and what they did with it. I am using it the old classic way, analog 2.1 and I am pretty happy with the sound quality. But I have tested it with optical and Bluetooth, could not with NFC since I only have iPhone. 
Now for the bad stuff.
Everything on this soundbar is customizable via it's buttons with not option to connect it to a PC or to a phone app via Bluetooth so that I can create a profile with my preferences and load it from there(Like other Razer products, you know by gamers for gamers). Yes, there are some profiles on it. But guess what? Every time it goes off when it's idle for, I honestly do not know how much time for, it resets the settings that I made and I need to redo them. Meaning, hold down the Dolby button and +/- volume buttons for bass
Also, the only button that it's illuminated it's the one for Dolby when it does not enter the power saving mode, I guess? So, when I am trying to do something on it I need to grab and sound bar and closely look at it to make sure I press the correct button and also guess the levels because there is no graphical representation for when I am at 100% or 10%.
Also, the lack of a wireless network adapter to connect it to the house Wi-Fi and just to broadcast music to it makes it less competitive with what's on the market.
Overall, I would recommend this soundbar to anyone that wants something clean and with a good sound quality for the price on amazon. Also, it does not work with iphone via NFC because apple only uses NFC for apple pay.
I would recommend Razer to roll out an update that it can be done via the service USB so that we can configure the soundbar and maybe make it available in Synapse with profiles?
And with the future sound devices:
-Please make it PC or phone App connectable and customizable.
-Please iluminate all the buttons.
-Please add a Wi-Fi card for streaming music.

0 Comentarii:

Post a Comment